Saturday, October 9, 2010

Candy Corn Wreath


I saw this on the cover of Woman's Day magazine and thought it was cute. So, I came up with my own version of making the wreath. Until linking the actual craft, I didn't have a clue as to how it was made.
This is my own little version:

My materials:
-cardboard stock (leftover from the wedding save-the-dates)
-hot glue gun
-scissors
- scrap burlap material
-stapler
-bag of candy corn
-ribbon

1. I used random objects (see photos) to trace circles onto the cardboard paper. Then I cut out the wreath with my awesome IKEA sewing scissors (I recommend getting a pair- they're beastly!)
2. Using the burlap, I cut a hole in the center and stapled it to cover the inside of the wreath. Continue to staple around the top of the wreath so the burlap has completely covered the cardboard.

3. Taking the hot glue gun, start from edge of the circle and glue the candy corns (use one large dot at the top of the candy) in a line going in the same direction. Each line should be the opposite direction of the one before. 



4. Make sure the wreath is full of candy corn rows so hardly any burlap is showing. Take a ribbon and tie it in a knot at the desired length for hanging. I add two extra ribbons to make it a little more fun.




Simple, easy craft!
Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Woman's Day cover and thought it was darling, too! You did a terrific job with it!

    Thanks so much for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! You better keep that out of reach of someone or you'll come home to just a ribbon! Keep in mind the gingerbread house was in the middle of our dining room table when she devoured it and you know she's not beyond jumping unthinkably high to get what she wants!!! :)
    Could you trow some candy corn into that package!? That'd be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love too that you were able to use scraps and an inexpensive bag of candy to make an adorable fall decoration. Great job!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...